I’ve decided to blog my Sunday sermon notes 🙂
This is something I hope to be able to look back on, and something I hope will also be a blessing for you, too!
Title: “The Battle”
Scripture: 1 Pet. 4:12-13, 1 Pet. 1:5-12, Rom. 8:31-33 & 35-39, Is. 41:10, Is. 49:16, Is. 40:28-31, John 10:10, 1 Pet. 5:8-9, 1 John 4:4, Matt. 28:20.
- Stop sizing up your giants and size up your God instead!
- God will never forget His people.
- What do we have to fear in the darkness of this world when Jesus is with us?
- Do not worry of the situational things on earth, but of the substantial things Above.
- Are you going to get up or stay down on the Fight?! GET UP.
- You are not a mistake – God created you for a reason and a purpose.
- I’m not a victim, but I am a victor through Him!
As a summary of this sermon, it was about the darkness of this world and how we are all fighting that darkness while we are alive here on earth – but as His children, we have the strength and ability to fight the battle and get back up when we are knocked down!
We have nothing to fear on this earth because we have Jesus on our side, and if He is with us then who can be against us? No one!
A lot of Christians see themselves as victims without propose or a rhyme or reason in their day to day lives, but with God we are victors and we were each made with a unique purpose.
Personally I usually do size up my giants instead of my God – but instead I need to look at Christ and remember that He can help me overcome anything!
So during this spiritual battle we all face everyday while living on this earth, remember to always get back up and remember that He is on your side! 🙂