Today I’m talking about food – yum!
I’m someone who enjoys dinner menu roundups and recipes in general, I hope you do too 🙂
April was obviously a very different month due to COVID19 …. and I was even more intentional in meal planning than I had previously been!
Creating dinner menus during quarantine and dealing with food shortages made me think more about how many ingredients a recipe had because we were trying very hard to be super mindful during this time.
So, all the menu items down below are going to be extremely simple!
A quick note …. I batch make dinners and only cook three times a week, meaning three times a week I will cook what equals to two of the same dinner meals and then put the extra dinner portions in Pyrex to save for later that week!
Usually my cooking days are Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday and then the next three days we will have the leftovers of the previous days, but mixed up so we’re not repeating a meal and ultimately getting bored by eating the same thing we did yesterday! (my husband is not a big fan of repeat meals 🙂 )
Sundays we typically finish whatever leftovers we have so the fridge can be basically cleaned out, and if no leftovers are available, we’ll grab our favorite takeout!
Here are our most frequent April dinner menu items –
- InstaPot Herbed Chicken + Scratch Made Mashed Potatoes
- Baked Pork Chops + French Green Beans
- Homemade Chicken Pie
- Our Fave Crock Pot Roast Mix (Beef/Carrots/Onions/Red Baby Potatoes)
- Homemade Chicken & Dumplings
- Asian-Inspired Pork Tenderloin Ramen Noodles
- Lemon-Pepper Sheet Pan Chicken + Steamed Broccoli/Carrot Mix
- Minimalist Tacos (my version of this is just ground beef, taco seasoning, cheese and soft tortillas … this is pretty customizable but basically its near naked tacos!)
- French Style Quiche (my fave!)
The only exceptions were my birthday, our anniversary dinner and my husbands birthday!
My birthday dinner –
- Grilled Steaks + Green Beans/Mac n Cheese
Our anniversary dinner –
- Lemon-Pepper Salmon with Brown Rice/Homemade Fried Green Beans with Ranch (fried green beans inspired by Cafe 121 in Sanford, NC!)
Husbands birthday dinner –
- We got his favorite takeout for his birthday dinner 🙂
Basically I just took all these meals and mixed them all within the month of April!
I loved all these recipes for their simplistic nature but if I’m being honest, most of our meals are incredibly simple most of the time anyways 🙂
Personally, I don’t believe a good meal needs to be extra fanciful or difficult to make … to me its all about the flavors, nutrients and aroma of the meal combined!
What were some of your most-made dinners of April, 2020?